Apr 10, 2014, 8:25 AM EDT
Larry Granillo is the keeper of the Tater Trot Tracker, which keeps track of how long guys take on their home run trots. David Ortiz is one of the slowest trotters out there, but last night he took it to a new level, taking 32.91 seconds, setting an all-time record for a non-injured player. Or, at least, all-time since Larry has been keeping track. Go check out the trot and Larry’s analysis of it.
Papi is Papi so no one is gonna say anything about this (and he did have to watch to make sure the ball was fair given where he hit it) but if a young or unproven player trotted that slowly, you can imagine someone might get grumpy about it.
Jul 7, 2015, 11:05 PM EDT
It doesn’t appear Justin Morneau will be returning to the Rockies anytime soon.
Jul 7, 2015, 10:15 PM EDT
On Tuesday, Miguel Sano hit the first of what should be many major league home runs.
Jul 7, 2015, 9:25 PM EDT
Hunter Pence is back from his second major injury this season. Maybe this time he’ll stick.
Jul 7, 2015, 8:35 PM EDT
The Phillies’ GM was pretty blunt about who would be playing second base when Chase Utley returns. It ain’t Chase Utley.
Jul 7, 2015, 7:45 PM EDT
Albert Pujols will participate in the 2015 Home Run Derby. It will be his fourth career appearance in the Derby.
Jul 7, 2015, 6:55 PM EDT
Jenrry Mejia is back with the Mets after missing 80 games due to a positive test for Stanozolol.
Jul 7, 2015, 6:05 PM EDT
Paulo Orlando did what kids pretend to do in their backyards: he hit a walk-off grand slam.
Jul 7, 2015, 4:30 PM EDT
On the bright side: he has his velocity back.
Jul 7, 2015, 4:10 PM EDT
Two key players are ready to rejoin the Yankees after missing extended time with injuries.
Jul 7, 2015, 3:57 PM EDT
He’ll likely be evaluated for a concussion.
Jul 7, 2015, 3:20 PM EDT
Yes, those are real people.
Jul 7, 2015, 2:25 PM EDT
He went 0-3 with a 6.56 ERA in five starts.
Jul 7, 2015, 1:17 PM EDT
Can you feel the excitement?
Jul 7, 2015, 12:30 PM EDT
There are guys who check stuff these days, Dave. So better to be vague.
Jul 7, 2015, 11:44 AM EDT
Jaso has been out since Opening Day with a bruised left wrist.
Jul 7, 2015, 11:20 AM EDT
Many have sured Major League Baseball over such things in the past.
Jul 7, 2015, 10:47 AM EDT
“I’ve always been straightforward that I want to go play for a contender and I’m not going to shy away from it.”
Jul 7, 2015, 10:30 AM EDT
And even Andrelton Simmons, the best defensive player in baseball, says he wouldn’t sit as close as that without protective netting.
Jul 7, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
Odorizzi threw 5.2 shutout innings on 73 pitches in a minor-league rehab start Monday.
Jul 7, 2015, 8:58 AM EDT
Not that I’m gonna try to tell you how to play this game.
- Jonathan Papelbon makes it clear, again: He wants out of Philadelphia 51
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 71
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 52
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 51
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 67
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 107
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (107)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises (71)