Apr 10, 2014, 8:31 PM EST
Phillies general manager Ruben Amaro, Jr. confirmed this afternoon that left-hander Cole Hamels could be activated as soon as April 22, but they should get some other players back from the disabled list even sooner.
Galvis suffered a cut on his left knee in March and eventually had an abscess removed, during which an infection was detected. It turned out to be Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA), which is resistant to many antibiotics. Fortunately, the 24-year-old has made steady progress since then, recently appearing in a pair of rehab games with High-A Clearwater.
Adams is making his way back from shoulder and sports hernia surgeries. The 35-year-old has struck out five batters in 2 1/3 innings over three rehab appearances with High-A Clearwater and will help set up for Jonathan Papelbon when he’s ready to return. He’s making $7 million this year.
- Report: Red Sox finalizing a deal with Hanley Ramirez 16
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 18
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 77
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)