Apr 10, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
Since then Duda has gone 2-for-13 and now Adam Rubin of ESPN New York reports that Collins has decided to give Davis the start at first base tonight.
It could be just a day off for Duda or it could be Collins going back to a time-sharing arrangement at first base, but either way it’s a little bit amusing that his big plan for divvying up playing time at the position lasted less than a week.
As noted at the time, for all of Davis’ struggles during the past couple seasons he’s still basically been every bit as productive as Duda and he certainly has more upside. And whatever the case, 13 at-bats is nothing.
‘s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $40,000 Fantasy Baseball league for Thursday’s evening MLB games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $6,000. Starts at 7:05pm ET on Thursday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 9
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 134
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 19
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 34
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 33
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 19
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 87
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 30
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (136)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)