Apr 10, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
Since then Duda has gone 2-for-13 and now Adam Rubin of ESPN New York reports that Collins has decided to give Davis the start at first base tonight.
It could be just a day off for Duda or it could be Collins going back to a time-sharing arrangement at first base, but either way it’s a little bit amusing that his big plan for divvying up playing time at the position lasted less than a week.
As noted at the time, for all of Davis’ struggles during the past couple seasons he’s still basically been every bit as productive as Duda and he certainly has more upside. And whatever the case, 13 at-bats is nothing.
‘s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $40,000 Fantasy Baseball league for Thursday’s evening MLB games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $6,000. Starts at 7:05pm ET on Thursday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
- Nationals place Stephen Strasburg on the 15-day disabled list with neck tightness 2
- Jerry Dior, designer of MLB’s iconic logo, has passed away 9
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 27
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 118
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 16
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 2
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 5
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 78
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base (119)
- The Big Unit: Wide Angle Watcher (90)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (89)
- Chipper Jones will fight you if you insult his “girl” (85)
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit (78)