Apr 10, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
Since then Duda has gone 2-for-13 and now Adam Rubin of ESPN New York reports that Collins has decided to give Davis the start at first base tonight.
It could be just a day off for Duda or it could be Collins going back to a time-sharing arrangement at first base, but either way it’s a little bit amusing that his big plan for divvying up playing time at the position lasted less than a week.
As noted at the time, for all of Davis’ struggles during the past couple seasons he’s still basically been every bit as productive as Duda and he certainly has more upside. And whatever the case, 13 at-bats is nothing.
‘s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $40,000 Fantasy Baseball league for Thursday’s evening MLB games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $6,000. Starts at 7:05pm ET on Thursday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 4
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 21
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 18
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 9
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 24
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 42
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)