Apr 10, 2014, 9:46 AM EDT
Bad news for Matt Moore and the Rays: tests have revealed a tear in his ulnar collateral ligament. The Rays and Moore are deciding on the next step, which is either surgery or rehabilitation. Which almost always means surgery.
Moore left his start Monday against the Royals due to left elbow discomfort and was officially placed on the 15-day disabled on Tuesday.
If he rehabs, he’s out at least a month. If he opts for surgery, we likely won’t see him until after the 2015 All-Star break.
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 90
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 64
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 50
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 104
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (104)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (92)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)