Apr 10, 2014, 9:46 AM EDT
Bad news for Matt Moore and the Rays: tests have revealed a tear in his ulnar collateral ligament. The Rays and Moore are deciding on the next step, which is either surgery or rehabilitation. Which almost always means surgery.
Moore left his start Monday against the Royals due to left elbow discomfort and was officially placed on the 15-day disabled on Tuesday.
If he rehabs, he’s out at least a month. If he opts for surgery, we likely won’t see him until after the 2015 All-Star break.
- The beauty of belief 21
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 35
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 71
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 15
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)