Apr 10, 2014, 9:46 AM EST
Bad news for Matt Moore and the Rays: tests have revealed a tear in his ulnar collateral ligament. The Rays and Moore are deciding on the next step, which is either surgery or rehabilitation. Which almost always means surgery.
Moore left his start Monday against the Royals due to left elbow discomfort and was officially placed on the 15-day disabled on Tuesday.
If he rehabs, he’s out at least a month. If he opts for surgery, we likely won’t see him until after the 2015 All-Star break.
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 13
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Sean Doolittle has a “slight” rotator cuff tear, won’t be ready for Opening Day 4
- Ryan Vogelsong re-signs with Giants after flirting with Astros 17
- Phillies and Brewers moving closer to Jonathan Papelbon trade 52
- Pete Rose will be at the All-Star Game in Cincinnati this year 29
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (143)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 (75)