Apr 10, 2014, 9:46 AM EST
Bad news for Matt Moore and the Rays: tests have revealed a tear in his ulnar collateral ligament. The Rays and Moore are deciding on the next step, which is either surgery or rehabilitation. Which almost always means surgery.
Moore left his start Monday against the Royals due to left elbow discomfort and was officially placed on the 15-day disabled on Tuesday.
If he rehabs, he’s out at least a month. If he opts for surgery, we likely won’t see him until after the 2015 All-Star break.
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro’s agent denies his client’s involvement in Dominican Republic shooting 27
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 24
- Curt Schilling goes after Obama, says Ronald Reagan would watch “The Interview” (244)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (86)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)