Apr 10, 2014, 9:46 AM EDT
Bad news for Matt Moore and the Rays: tests have revealed a tear in his ulnar collateral ligament. The Rays and Moore are deciding on the next step, which is either surgery or rehabilitation. Which almost always means surgery.
Moore left his start Monday against the Royals due to left elbow discomfort and was officially placed on the 15-day disabled on Tuesday.
If he rehabs, he’s out at least a month. If he opts for surgery, we likely won’t see him until after the 2015 All-Star break.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 0
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 41
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 23
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 34
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 78
- Matt Cain is going to pay a visit to Dr. Andrews 7
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode 87
- The Red Sox are expected to deal Jon Lester and the Pirates are a “dark horse” 36
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (189)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (101)
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence (91)