Apr 10, 2014, 5:41 PM EDT
It’s late in the day, so you know what that means:
The Office of the Commissioner of Baseball announced today that Texas Rangers left-handed pitcher Martire Garcia has received a 50-game suspension without pay after testing positive for Clomiphene, a performance-enhancing substance in violation of Major League Baseball’s Joint Drug Prevention and Treatment Program.
Garcia plays for the Double-A Frisco RoughRiders of the Texas League. Or, he will after 50 games are up. If he’s lucky.
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 0
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 0
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 127
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 37
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 32
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (129)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)