Apr 11, 2014, 6:15 PM EDT
MLB.com’s Todd Zolecki reports that right-handed pitcher Seth Rosin has cleared waivers and returned to the Phillies. Rosin had joined the Rangers in late March and made his Major League debut on March 31, tossing a scoreless inning against the Phillies. In total, he allowed three runs in four innings for the Rangers before they designated him for assignment to make room for third baseman Kevin Kouzmanoff on the roster.
Rosin has had an interesting life over the last four months. The Mets picked him up in the Rule 5 draft from the Phillies in December, then turned right around and sent him to the Dodgers for cash. During spring training, Rosin posted a 1.64 ERA in 11 innings for the Dodgers and traveled with the club to Australia to open up the season against the Diamondbacks. After returning to the United States, the Dodgers put him on waivers near the end of March, which is when the Rangers grabbed him. Now he has come full circle and returned to the Phillies, who acquired Rosin in the trade that sent Hunter Pence to the Giants in July 2012.
Rosin will report to Triple-A Lehigh Valley. Though Mike Adams is nearing a return, there is a chance Rosin could join the big league club, as the Phillies’ bullpen has been a shambles to start the season.
Announcement: Hardball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $30,000 Fantasy Baseball league for Friday evening MLB games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $5,000. Starts at 7:05pm ET on Friday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
- REPORT: The Astros to name A.J. Hinch their new manager today 15
- Twins fire manager Ron Gardenhire 33
- Pouliot’s 2014 American League awards picks 15
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs 79
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 83
- Reds beat Pirates behind Johnny Cueto, hand National League Central title to St. Louis 20
- Video: Steven Souza Jr. makes sensational catch to secure Jordan Zimmermann’s no-no 24
- David Price dominates Twins as Tigers win AL Central 30
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (84)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (79)
- Bud Selig says A-Rod will “have a clean slate” once his suspension is over (78)