Apr 11, 2014, 12:30 PM EDT
Braves shortstop Andrelton Simmons missed last night’s game with a sore wrist. Afterwards, Braves manager Fredi Gonzalez said that Simmons was unlikely to play today as well.
Simmons jammed his wrist Wednesday night when he was tagged out at the plate and collided with Mets catcher Travis d’Arnaud. He remained in the game, but the wrist still bothers him when he swings.
Ramiro Pena still bothers me when he pays shortstop, but I guess we all have to get used to what bothers us once in a while.
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 2
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 4
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 5
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 51
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 25
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)