Apr 11, 2014, 12:30 PM EDT
Braves shortstop Andrelton Simmons missed last night’s game with a sore wrist. Afterwards, Braves manager Fredi Gonzalez said that Simmons was unlikely to play today as well.
Simmons jammed his wrist Wednesday night when he was tagged out at the plate and collided with Mets catcher Travis d’Arnaud. He remained in the game, but the wrist still bothers him when he swings.
Ramiro Pena still bothers me when he pays shortstop, but I guess we all have to get used to what bothers us once in a while.
- Orioles acquire Kelly Johnson from the Red Sox 5
- Orioles acquire Alejandro De Aza from the White Sox 5
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 30
- The Dodgers took the shift to the extreme last night 47
- VIDEO: Jorge Soler hits two long home runs in third major league game 20
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 18
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 37
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 32
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)