Apr 11, 2014, 12:30 PM EDT
Braves shortstop Andrelton Simmons missed last night’s game with a sore wrist. Afterwards, Braves manager Fredi Gonzalez said that Simmons was unlikely to play today as well.
Simmons jammed his wrist Wednesday night when he was tagged out at the plate and collided with Mets catcher Travis d’Arnaud. He remained in the game, but the wrist still bothers him when he swings.
Ramiro Pena still bothers me when he pays shortstop, but I guess we all have to get used to what bothers us once in a while.
- HBT Daily: In which I waffle on my World Series pick 8
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day 59
- Your Official HardballTalk World Series Preview 24
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 28
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (107)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (105)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)