Apr 11, 2014, 12:30 PM EDT
Braves shortstop Andrelton Simmons missed last night’s game with a sore wrist. Afterwards, Braves manager Fredi Gonzalez said that Simmons was unlikely to play today as well.
Simmons jammed his wrist Wednesday night when he was tagged out at the plate and collided with Mets catcher Travis d’Arnaud. He remained in the game, but the wrist still bothers him when he swings.
Ramiro Pena still bothers me when he pays shortstop, but I guess we all have to get used to what bothers us once in a while.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 64
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 75
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 67
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)