Apr 11, 2014, 12:30 PM EDT
Braves shortstop Andrelton Simmons missed last night’s game with a sore wrist. Afterwards, Braves manager Fredi Gonzalez said that Simmons was unlikely to play today as well.
Simmons jammed his wrist Wednesday night when he was tagged out at the plate and collided with Mets catcher Travis d’Arnaud. He remained in the game, but the wrist still bothers him when he swings.
Ramiro Pena still bothers me when he pays shortstop, but I guess we all have to get used to what bothers us once in a while.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 20
- Brad Ausmus receives a vote of confidence from new Tigers general manager Al Avila 15
- Title or no title, Dave Dombrowski’s tenure in Detroit was a success 34
- Dave Dombrowski out as Tigers General Manager, team president; Al Avila takes over 59
- Blue Jays’ Aaron Sanchez, John Gibbons disciplined in the wake of Sunday’s plunkings 72
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 34
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 109
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” (109)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (88)