Apr 11, 2014, 4:21 PM EDT
It’s been at least a couple of days since I said anything about Yasiel Puig, so I’m kinda gettin’ the shakes here, guys. Maybe hallucinating even, as I just totally imagined a report in which Puig was caught taking pine tar-infused steroids while wearing a Chief Wahoo shirt the day before he went on paternity leave and my head just about exploded. I need something. I need it bad.
Ahhh . . .
Perez on Puig antics: There’s no rift in the clubhouse, most of the stuff is blown out of proportion. He brings that energy & spark #Dodgers
— MLB Network Radio (@MLBNetworkRadio) April 11, 2014
That’s Chris Perez, of course. And it basically makes my pro-Puig case. Because if you can’t trust the word of a dude who arranged for marijuana to be mailed to his dog, you can’t trust anyone. That’s just science.
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects 70
- Alex Rodriguez celebrates 40th birthday with a home run 10
- Mets acquire Tyler Clippard from the Athletics 19
- Angels acquire Shane Victorino from Red Sox 25
- Happy 40th Birthday, A-Rod! 44
- Craig Biggio, John Smoltz, Randy Johnson and Pedro Martinez inducted into the Hall of Fame 41
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- Mike Trout hits two homers, including a grand slam, to take MLB lead 13
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (156)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)