Apr 11, 2014, 4:21 PM EDT
It’s been at least a couple of days since I said anything about Yasiel Puig, so I’m kinda gettin’ the shakes here, guys. Maybe hallucinating even, as I just totally imagined a report in which Puig was caught taking pine tar-infused steroids while wearing a Chief Wahoo shirt the day before he went on paternity leave and my head just about exploded. I need something. I need it bad.
Ahhh . . .
Perez on Puig antics: There’s no rift in the clubhouse, most of the stuff is blown out of proportion. He brings that energy & spark #Dodgers
— MLB Network Radio (@MLBNetworkRadio) April 11, 2014
That’s Chris Perez, of course. And it basically makes my pro-Puig case. Because if you can’t trust the word of a dude who arranged for marijuana to be mailed to his dog, you can’t trust anyone. That’s just science.
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 35
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 37
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 16
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 61
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29