Apr 11, 2014, 4:21 PM EDT
It’s been at least a couple of days since I said anything about Yasiel Puig, so I’m kinda gettin’ the shakes here, guys. Maybe hallucinating even, as I just totally imagined a report in which Puig was caught taking pine tar-infused steroids while wearing a Chief Wahoo shirt the day before he went on paternity leave and my head just about exploded. I need something. I need it bad.
Ahhh . . .
Perez on Puig antics: There’s no rift in the clubhouse, most of the stuff is blown out of proportion. He brings that energy & spark #Dodgers
— MLB Network Radio (@MLBNetworkRadio) April 11, 2014
That’s Chris Perez, of course. And it basically makes my pro-Puig case. Because if you can’t trust the word of a dude who arranged for marijuana to be mailed to his dog, you can’t trust anyone. That’s just science.
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 1
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 4
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 52
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 30
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 18
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 14
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (265)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)