Apr 11, 2014, 11:33 AM EDT
I can’t find video of it, but know that MLB Network host and future Fox A-team color commentator Harold Reynolds was asked about Josh Hamilton‘s injury last night and said “I don’t have a problem with it” and “It’s faster to dive than run through.”
Which is why you always see sprinters slide head first into the tape during the Olympic 100 meters.
I don’t mean to cause too much FRICTION here because Harold Reynolds is a nice guy and I won’t wish to cover him WITH DIRT. Indeed, anything that SLOWS the baseball commetariat’s creep into constant arguing over what A PLAYER does is something we should not be DOWN with at all.
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 16
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 58
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 53
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 46
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 17
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (74)