Apr 11, 2014, 11:33 AM EST
I can’t find video of it, but know that MLB Network host and future Fox A-team color commentator Harold Reynolds was asked about Josh Hamilton‘s injury last night and said “I don’t have a problem with it” and “It’s faster to dive than run through.”
Which is why you always see sprinters slide head first into the tape during the Olympic 100 meters.
I don’t mean to cause too much FRICTION here because Harold Reynolds is a nice guy and I won’t wish to cover him WITH DIRT. Indeed, anything that SLOWS the baseball commetariat’s creep into constant arguing over what A PLAYER does is something we should not be DOWN with at all.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 3
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 10
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 293
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (295)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)