Apr 11, 2014, 3:50 PM EST
Last week the Orioles seemed optimistic that J.J. Hardy‘s back spasms would be a minor issue, but tonight the shortstop will be out of the lineup for the sixth consecutive game.
Hardy feels good enough that he told reporters he hopes to play Saturday, but the Orioles are reaching the point where a disabled list stint makes more sense if he can’t rejoin the lineup then.
Hardy had a lot of injuries early in his career, but he played 159 games last season and 158 games in 2012. In his absence Ryan Flaherty has slid over from third base to shortstop, with Jonathan Schoop taking over at third base.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 111
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 41
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 368
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (368)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (308)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (111)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (85)