Apr 11, 2014, 3:50 PM EST
Last week the Orioles seemed optimistic that J.J. Hardy‘s back spasms would be a minor issue, but tonight the shortstop will be out of the lineup for the sixth consecutive game.
Hardy feels good enough that he told reporters he hopes to play Saturday, but the Orioles are reaching the point where a disabled list stint makes more sense if he can’t rejoin the lineup then.
Hardy had a lot of injuries early in his career, but he played 159 games last season and 158 games in 2012. In his absence Ryan Flaherty has slid over from third base to shortstop, with Jonathan Schoop taking over at third base.
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 33
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 60
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120