Apr 11, 2014, 8:00 PM EDT
On Monday, Royals second baseman Omar Infante took a Heath Bell fastball to the face. It was a scary incident as the Royals were worried about their infielder potentially having suffered a broken jaw and/or a concussion. Luckily, tests turned up negative, and Infante is back in the lineup three games later.
Infante has had a rough go of it after signing a four-year, $30.25 million deal with the Royals in December. He battled elbow and shoulder problems throughout the spring, playing in only eight exhibition games. Between the start of the regular season and his injury, Infante has a .348/.423/.348 slash line in 26 plate appearances. In his absence, Danny Valencia and Johnny Giovotella each made a start.
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 18
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 5
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 86
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (90)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (86)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)