Apr 11, 2014, 8:00 PM EDT
On Monday, Royals second baseman Omar Infante took a Heath Bell fastball to the face. It was a scary incident as the Royals were worried about their infielder potentially having suffered a broken jaw and/or a concussion. Luckily, tests turned up negative, and Infante is back in the lineup three games later.
Infante has had a rough go of it after signing a four-year, $30.25 million deal with the Royals in December. He battled elbow and shoulder problems throughout the spring, playing in only eight exhibition games. Between the start of the regular season and his injury, Infante has a .348/.423/.348 slash line in 26 plate appearances. In his absence, Danny Valencia and Johnny Giovotella each made a start.
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 64
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 11
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 46
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 13
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 47
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (115)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)