Apr 11, 2014, 8:00 PM EDT
On Monday, Royals second baseman Omar Infante took a Heath Bell fastball to the face. It was a scary incident as the Royals were worried about their infielder potentially having suffered a broken jaw and/or a concussion. Luckily, tests turned up negative, and Infante is back in the lineup three games later.
Infante has had a rough go of it after signing a four-year, $30.25 million deal with the Royals in December. He battled elbow and shoulder problems throughout the spring, playing in only eight exhibition games. Between the start of the regular season and his injury, Infante has a .348/.423/.348 slash line in 26 plate appearances. In his absence, Danny Valencia and Johnny Giovotella each made a start.
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 38
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 10
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 4
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 62
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 72
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 78
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)