Apr 11, 2014, 6:45 PM EDT
After straining a thumb ligament diving head-first into first base last Saturday, Dodgers outfielder Yasiel Puig is back in the lineup for Friday night’s game against the Diamondbacks. He’ll bat second and return to his home in right field. Puig pinch-hit on Wednesday, but otherwise hasn’t played since leaving Saturday’s game.
Through his first seven games spanning 29 plate appearances, Puig is slashing .240/.321/.400 with one home run. While he hasn’t been making headlines for his on-field performance — thumb injury aside — he has been a lightning rod for criticism regarding his behavior in the clubhouse. Teammate Chris Perez recently repudiated that criticism.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (85)