Apr 12, 2014, 7:45 PM EDT
A.J. Burnett is still feeling sore after leaving Friday’s start with a groin injury, CSN Philly’s Jim Salisbury reports. It’s still unclear whether he’ll be feeling good enough to make his start on Wednesday against the Braves. GM Ruben Amaro says the team will know more about his status on Monday or Tuesday.
Should Burnett need to go on the disabled list, the Phillies would call on either Jeff Manship or David Buchanan to start in his place. If the Phillies are keen on using Buchanan, they would have to hold him back from making his start on Sunday for Triple-A Lehigh Valley.
Burnett, 37, has struggled with his command to start his Phillies career, walking a league-leading 14 batters in 16 innings over his first three starts.
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 48
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)