Apr 12, 2014, 4:37 PM EDT
Fuld was non-tendered by the Rays in December and latched on with the Athletics on a minor league deal. The 32-year-old made the Opening Day roster due after Gentry’s back injury and hit .200 (6-for-30) with four RBI over seven games. He played a bunch while Coco Crisp was sidelined due to left wrist inflammation and hit his seventh career home run on Thursday.
Fuld is a .233/.312/.334 hitter in the majors, but he has some patience and speed and can play all three outfield positions. He should draw interest elsewhere.
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 47
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 51
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 82
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 57
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 52
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 38
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 41
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 96
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (105)
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode (104)
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels (96)