Apr 12, 2014, 4:37 PM EST
Fuld was non-tendered by the Rays in December and latched on with the Athletics on a minor league deal. The 32-year-old made the Opening Day roster due after Gentry’s back injury and hit .200 (6-for-30) with four RBI over seven games. He played a bunch while Coco Crisp was sidelined due to left wrist inflammation and hit his seventh career home run on Thursday.
Fuld is a .233/.312/.334 hitter in the majors, but he has some patience and speed and can play all three outfield positions. He should draw interest elsewhere.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)