Apr 12, 2014, 4:37 PM EDT
Fuld was non-tendered by the Rays in December and latched on with the Athletics on a minor league deal. The 32-year-old made the Opening Day roster due after Gentry’s back injury and hit .200 (6-for-30) with four RBI over seven games. He played a bunch while Coco Crisp was sidelined due to left wrist inflammation and hit his seventh career home run on Thursday.
Fuld is a .233/.312/.334 hitter in the majors, but he has some patience and speed and can play all three outfield positions. He should draw interest elsewhere.
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 14
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 20
- HBT Daily: A’s vs. Royals. Jon Lester vs. Big Game James. WHO YA GOT?! 12
- Playoff Reset: The American League Wild Card Game 21
- REPORT: The Astros to name A.J. Hinch their new manager today 24
- Twins fire manager Ron Gardenhire 37
- Pouliot’s 2014 American League awards picks 20
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)