Apr 12, 2014, 4:37 PM EDT
Fuld was non-tendered by the Rays in December and latched on with the Athletics on a minor league deal. The 32-year-old made the Opening Day roster due after Gentry’s back injury and hit .200 (6-for-30) with four RBI over seven games. He played a bunch while Coco Crisp was sidelined due to left wrist inflammation and hit his seventh career home run on Thursday.
Fuld is a .233/.312/.334 hitter in the majors, but he has some patience and speed and can play all three outfield positions. He should draw interest elsewhere.
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 0
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 6
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 24
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (114)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)