Apr 12, 2014, 4:37 PM EDT
Fuld was non-tendered by the Rays in December and latched on with the Athletics on a minor league deal. The 32-year-old made the Opening Day roster due after Gentry’s back injury and hit .200 (6-for-30) with four RBI over seven games. He played a bunch while Coco Crisp was sidelined due to left wrist inflammation and hit his seventh career home run on Thursday.
Fuld is a .233/.312/.334 hitter in the majors, but he has some patience and speed and can play all three outfield positions. He should draw interest elsewhere.
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 9
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 30
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 5
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 12
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 101
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (118)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (101)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)