Apr 12, 2014, 6:15 PM EST
Rockies starter Brett Anderson left his start on Saturday against the Giants after grounding out to end the top of the fourth inning. According to MLB.com’s Thomas Harding, Anderson hurt his hand during the at-bat. Anderson has been diagnosed with a left finger contusion.
Over the three innings he pitched, Anderson held the Giants scoreless on one hit and one walk while striking out two. Tommy Kahnle relieved him in the bottom of the fourth.
Anderson has had it tough injury-wise lately. He suffered a broken foot last season, forcing him out of the rotation for four months. Prior to that, Anderson underwent Tommy John surgery in July 2011 and he didn’t return until mid-August 2012. For Anderson’s sake, hopefully the injury is minor and he won’t need to miss any time as a result.
Announcement: Hardball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $100,000 Fantasy Baseball league for Saturday night’s games. It’s $200 to join and first prize is $15,000. Starts at 7:05pm ET on Saturday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 86
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 162
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (162)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (140)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)