Apr 12, 2014, 5:30 PM EST
Noesi is best known for being to traded to the Mariners along with Jesus Montero in the deal that sent Michael Pineda and Jose Campos to the Yankees in January of 2012. Despite a mid-90s fastball, the 27-year-old was a disappointment during his time with Seattle, posting an ugly 6.13 ERA in 19 starts and 17 relief appearances. He was designated for assignment by the club last week.
Noesi could face his former team soon, as the Rangers will begin a four-game series with the Mariners on Monday. He can’t be sent down the minors without being exposed to waivers.
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 74
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 47
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 35
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 52
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (76)