Apr 12, 2014, 5:30 PM EDT
Noesi is best known for being to traded to the Mariners along with Jesus Montero in the deal that sent Michael Pineda and Jose Campos to the Yankees in January of 2012. Despite a mid-90s fastball, the 27-year-old was a disappointment during his time with Seattle, posting an ugly 6.13 ERA in 19 starts and 17 relief appearances. He was designated for assignment by the club last week.
Noesi could face his former team soon, as the Rangers will begin a four-game series with the Mariners on Monday. He can’t be sent down the minors without being exposed to waivers.
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 53
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 45
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 20
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 82
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 10
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 40
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 80
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (238)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)