Apr 12, 2014, 5:30 PM EDT
Noesi is best known for being to traded to the Mariners along with Jesus Montero in the deal that sent Michael Pineda and Jose Campos to the Yankees in January of 2012. Despite a mid-90s fastball, the 27-year-old was a disappointment during his time with Seattle, posting an ugly 6.13 ERA in 19 starts and 17 relief appearances. He was designated for assignment by the club last week.
Noesi could face his former team soon, as the Rangers will begin a four-game series with the Mariners on Monday. He can’t be sent down the minors without being exposed to waivers.
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 21
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 60
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 53
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 47
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 18
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (74)