Apr 12, 2014, 5:30 PM EDT
Noesi is best known for being to traded to the Mariners along with Jesus Montero in the deal that sent Michael Pineda and Jose Campos to the Yankees in January of 2012. Despite a mid-90s fastball, the 27-year-old was a disappointment during his time with Seattle, posting an ugly 6.13 ERA in 19 starts and 17 relief appearances. He was designated for assignment by the club last week.
Noesi could face his former team soon, as the Rangers will begin a four-game series with the Mariners on Monday. He can’t be sent down the minors without being exposed to waivers.
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 16
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 32
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (101)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)