Apr 12, 2014, 5:30 PM EST
Noesi is best known for being to traded to the Mariners along with Jesus Montero in the deal that sent Michael Pineda and Jose Campos to the Yankees in January of 2012. Despite a mid-90s fastball, the 27-year-old was a disappointment during his time with Seattle, posting an ugly 6.13 ERA in 19 starts and 17 relief appearances. He was designated for assignment by the club last week.
Noesi could face his former team soon, as the Rangers will begin a four-game series with the Mariners on Monday. He can’t be sent down the minors without being exposed to waivers.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)