Apr 12, 2014, 9:19 PM EDT
Nationals third baseman Ryan Zimmerman exited Saturday night’s game against the Braves after jamming his hand diving back into second base on a pick-off attempt in the top of the fifth inning. Zimmerman had doubled to put runners at second and third with one out, but Braves starter Alex Wood was able to catch him straying too far off the bag. James Wagner of the Washington Post says it looked like Zimmerman jammed his finger and there was some visible blood.
Zimmerman has already been dealing with an arthritic shoulder and can’t seem to catch a break after tonight’s scare.
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 0
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 8
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 35
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 9
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 71
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 86
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (262)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)