Apr 12, 2014, 9:19 PM EDT
Nationals third baseman Ryan Zimmerman exited Saturday night’s game against the Braves after jamming his hand diving back into second base on a pick-off attempt in the top of the fifth inning. Zimmerman had doubled to put runners at second and third with one out, but Braves starter Alex Wood was able to catch him straying too far off the bag. James Wagner of the Washington Post says it looked like Zimmerman jammed his finger and there was some visible blood.
Zimmerman has already been dealing with an arthritic shoulder and can’t seem to catch a break after tonight’s scare.
- Mets acquire center fielder Carlos Gomez from Brewers 34
- Rangers “close to getting” Phillies ace Cole Hamels 51
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 64
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 72
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 49
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 32
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 24
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)