Apr 12, 2014, 9:19 PM EST
Nationals third baseman Ryan Zimmerman exited Saturday night’s game against the Braves after jamming his hand diving back into second base on a pick-off attempt in the top of the fifth inning. Zimmerman had doubled to put runners at second and third with one out, but Braves starter Alex Wood was able to catch him straying too far off the bag. James Wagner of the Washington Post says it looked like Zimmerman jammed his finger and there was some visible blood.
Zimmerman has already been dealing with an arthritic shoulder and can’t seem to catch a break after tonight’s scare.
- Cliff Pennington avoids arbitration, agrees to $3.275 million deal with D’Backs 3
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 29
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 44
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40