Apr 12, 2014, 9:19 PM EDT
Nationals third baseman Ryan Zimmerman exited Saturday night’s game against the Braves after jamming his hand diving back into second base on a pick-off attempt in the top of the fifth inning. Zimmerman had doubled to put runners at second and third with one out, but Braves starter Alex Wood was able to catch him straying too far off the bag. James Wagner of the Washington Post says it looked like Zimmerman jammed his finger and there was some visible blood.
Zimmerman has already been dealing with an arthritic shoulder and can’t seem to catch a break after tonight’s scare.
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 4
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 15
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 48
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 49
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)