Apr 12, 2014, 9:10 PM EDT
It was really windy in Chicago on Saturday afternoon. The White Sox found that out when Jason Kipnis hit a can of corn destined for right field, but the wind intervened, carrying the ball all the way over to left-center, dropping out of the reach of center fielder Adam Eaton.
The Indians would go on to defeat the White Sox 12-6 despite a shaky outing from starter Justin Masterson.
- Phillies officials “have contemplated the possibility of paying off” and releasing Ryan Howard 20
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 16
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 158
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 30
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 108
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (158)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (96)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)