2014 April 13
Apr 13, 2014, 11:35 PM EST
The Rockies get some bad news about their lefty hurler.
Apr 13, 2014, 11:05 PM EST
Superagent Scott Boras isn’t happy about anonymous comments made about his clients Kendrys Morales and Stephen Drew, who are still unemployed.
Apr 13, 2014, 10:41 PM EST
The Yankees may need a back-up back-up first baseman now.
Apr 13, 2014, 10:29 PM EST
A former World Series winner has opted for retirement.
Apr 13, 2014, 10:15 PM EST
The Athletics watched their lefty starter succumb to an injury on Sunday.
Apr 13, 2014, 9:25 PM EST
Reds lefty Tony Cingrani is doing something that hasn’t been accomplished in 100 years.
Apr 13, 2014, 8:30 PM EST
The Reds make a pair of base running errors on the same play.
Apr 13, 2014, 7:40 PM EST
The Blue Jays made a flurry of roster moves on Sunday, including adding J.A. Happ to the bullpen.
Apr 13, 2014, 6:55 PM EST
The Phillies’ second baseman has been on an absolute tear to start the season.
Apr 13, 2014, 6:00 PM EST
The Dodgers’ bearded reliever is ready to return.
Apr 13, 2014, 5:12 PM EST
Derek Jeter is out of the Yankees’ starting lineup for a second straight game — this one being broadcast by ESPN.
Apr 13, 2014, 4:08 PM EST
As first reported by Anthony Andro at FOX Sports Southwest, the Rangers have placed third baseman Adrian Beltre on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to April 9, with a strained left quad. Hector Noesi, acquired Saturday from the Mariners, was added to the Rangers’ 25-man roster in a corresponding move.
Apr 13, 2014, 3:14 PM EST
Cubs top prospect Javier Baez will be sidelined for the next couple of weeks with an ankle injury that he suffered Friday at Triple-A Iowa.
Apr 13, 2014, 2:27 PM EST
It’s not the best impression and some are even calling it ethnic stereotyping. You decide …
Apr 13, 2014, 1:43 PM EST
It sounds like Denard Span’s concussion is fairly minor (if a brain injury can ever be considered minor).
Apr 13, 2014, 12:59 PM EST
It’s going to be at least another month before right-hander Mat Latos is able to join the Reds’ rotation. MLB.com’s Mark Sheldon reports that Latos has been diagnosed with a flexor mass strain in his elbow and will be shut down for 10-14 days.
Apr 13, 2014, 12:00 PM EST
Mariners starter Hisashi Iwakuma took another step in the right direction Saturday in his rehabilitation from a strained middle finger, throwing 45 pitches off a bullpen mound.
Apr 13, 2014, 11:12 AM EST
Rays starter Alex Cobb shut out the Reds for seven innings in Saturday’s 1-0 win and has now gone 15 1/3 innings without allowing a run. But it’s going to be a while before he can try to extend that streak.
Apr 13, 2014, 10:25 AM EST
Phillies shortstop Jimmy Rollins drove a 10th-inning Dan Jennings pitch over the left field wall at Citizens Bank Park on Saturday night to give his club a 5-4 walkoff win over the visiting Marlins. As Rollins trotted out of the batter’s box to begin his celebratory stroll around the bases he appeared to shout something at his own dugout. Turns out …
Apr 13, 2014, 9:33 AM EST
Watch as Astros shortstop Jonathan Villar flashes range and arm strength to keep his club on top of the Rangers in the bottom of the 10th inning Saturday night in Arlington, Texas …
Apr 13, 2014, 8:56 AM EST
It’s way early, but the Brewers sure look good. Star center fielder Carlos Gomez hit his fourth home run of the season, staff ace Yovani Gallardo put together his third straight quality start, and closer Francisco Rodriguez earned his fourth save in as many chances as the Brew Crew topped the Pirates 3-2 on Saturday night at a sold-out Miller Park.
Apr 13, 2014, 12:10 AM EST
Raul Ibanez joined the 2,000-hit club and also brought the Angels back into the game against the Mets.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 299
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (299)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)