Apr 13, 2014, 7:40 PM EST
The Blue Jays made a handful of roster moves on Sunday afternoon, including activating left-hander J.A. Happ from the disabled list, Sportsnet’s Shi Davidi reports. Happ has been dealing with a sore back, but now that he is healthy enough to return, he’ll join the 25-man roster and work out of the bullpen.
Davidi also reports that the Jays have placed infielder Maicer Izturis on the 15-day disabled list, optioned catcher Erik Kratz to Triple-A, and called up infielder Munenori Kawasaki. Outfielder Colby Rasmus left Sunday’s game after the top of the sixth inning with a tight hamstring, but Davidi says it’s not considered to be serious. Exciting times in Toronto.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 86
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 163
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (163)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (140)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)