Apr 13, 2014, 7:40 PM EDT
The Blue Jays made a handful of roster moves on Sunday afternoon, including activating left-hander J.A. Happ from the disabled list, Sportsnet’s Shi Davidi reports. Happ has been dealing with a sore back, but now that he is healthy enough to return, he’ll join the 25-man roster and work out of the bullpen.
Davidi also reports that the Jays have placed infielder Maicer Izturis on the 15-day disabled list, optioned catcher Erik Kratz to Triple-A, and called up infielder Munenori Kawasaki. Outfielder Colby Rasmus left Sunday’s game after the top of the sixth inning with a tight hamstring, but Davidi says it’s not considered to be serious. Exciting times in Toronto.
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 31
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 18
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 9
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 20
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 14
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (204)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)