Apr 13, 2014, 7:40 PM EDT
The Blue Jays made a handful of roster moves on Sunday afternoon, including activating left-hander J.A. Happ from the disabled list, Sportsnet’s Shi Davidi reports. Happ has been dealing with a sore back, but now that he is healthy enough to return, he’ll join the 25-man roster and work out of the bullpen.
Davidi also reports that the Jays have placed infielder Maicer Izturis on the 15-day disabled list, optioned catcher Erik Kratz to Triple-A, and called up infielder Munenori Kawasaki. Outfielder Colby Rasmus left Sunday’s game after the top of the sixth inning with a tight hamstring, but Davidi says it’s not considered to be serious. Exciting times in Toronto.
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 0
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 6
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 24
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (114)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)