Apr 13, 2014, 6:00 PM EDT
Dodgers reliever Brian Wilson says he’s ready to come off of the disabled list after rehabbing with Single-A Rancho Cucamonga, Bill Plunkett of the Orange County Register reports. Wilson, 32, has been dealing with inflammation of the ulnar nerve in his right elbow.
Wilson would be eligible to come off of the DL on Tuesday, and Plunkett says the Dodgers have a “difficult roster move” ahead of them. The bullpen, aside from Brandon League, has been quite good. As a unit, they had a 3.02 ERA entering Sunday afternoon’s game with the Diamondbacks.
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 4
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 11
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 17
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)