Apr 13, 2014, 1:43 PM EDT
It sounds like Denard Span‘s concussion is fairly minor (if a brain injury can ever be considered minor).
Span, who was placed on the 7-day concussion disabled list on Saturday, told James Wagner of the Washington Post on Sunday morning that he is already feeling much better and hopes to take batting practice Monday. Span last suffered a concussion in 2011 and said this one isn’t nearly as bad. He got an apology text from Braves second baseman Dan Uggla, whom he collided with Friday on the bases.
Span, 30, was 8-for-36 (.222) with five runs and four RBI through 10 games this season.
Steven Souza Jr. got called up from Triple-A Syracuse to provide outfield depth in his absence.
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 0
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 88
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 13
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 54
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 13
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (115)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)