Apr 13, 2014, 4:08 PM EST
As first reported by Anthony Andro at FOX Sports Southwest, the Rangers have placed third baseman Adrian Beltre on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to April 9, with a strained left quad. Hector Noesi, acquired Saturday from the Mariners, was added to the Rangers’ 25-man roster in a corresponding move.
Beltre suffered the Grade 1 (least severe) strain last Tuesday in a game against the Red Sox. He was hoping to avoid the disabled list, but the Rangers don’t want to risk making the injury worse and couldn’t continue playing a man down. Kevin Kouzmanoff is filling in as Texas’ primary third baseman for now.
Beltre, 35, was 8-for-28 (.286) with seven runs and four RBI through eight games this season.
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 22
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 79
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 50
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 18
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (79)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)