Apr 13, 2014, 4:08 PM EDT
As first reported by Anthony Andro at FOX Sports Southwest, the Rangers have placed third baseman Adrian Beltre on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to April 9, with a strained left quad. Hector Noesi, acquired Saturday from the Mariners, was added to the Rangers’ 25-man roster in a corresponding move.
Beltre suffered the Grade 1 (least severe) strain last Tuesday in a game against the Red Sox. He was hoping to avoid the disabled list, but the Rangers don’t want to risk making the injury worse and couldn’t continue playing a man down. Kevin Kouzmanoff is filling in as Texas’ primary third baseman for now.
Beltre, 35, was 8-for-28 (.286) with seven runs and four RBI through eight games this season.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 68
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 7
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 25
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (85)