Apr 13, 2014, 4:08 PM EDT
As first reported by Anthony Andro at FOX Sports Southwest, the Rangers have placed third baseman Adrian Beltre on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to April 9, with a strained left quad. Hector Noesi, acquired Saturday from the Mariners, was added to the Rangers’ 25-man roster in a corresponding move.
Beltre suffered the Grade 1 (least severe) strain last Tuesday in a game against the Red Sox. He was hoping to avoid the disabled list, but the Rangers don’t want to risk making the injury worse and couldn’t continue playing a man down. Kevin Kouzmanoff is filling in as Texas’ primary third baseman for now.
Beltre, 35, was 8-for-28 (.286) with seven runs and four RBI through eight games this season.
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 9
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 27
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 19
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- Steven Matz stellar on the mound — and at the plate — in his major league debut for the Mets 19
- The 2015 Gillette Home Run Derby will have a new format 34
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (108)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (79)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)