Apr 13, 2014, 4:08 PM EDT
As first reported by Anthony Andro at FOX Sports Southwest, the Rangers have placed third baseman Adrian Beltre on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to April 9, with a strained left quad. Hector Noesi, acquired Saturday from the Mariners, was added to the Rangers’ 25-man roster in a corresponding move.
Beltre suffered the Grade 1 (least severe) strain last Tuesday in a game against the Red Sox. He was hoping to avoid the disabled list, but the Rangers don’t want to risk making the injury worse and couldn’t continue playing a man down. Kevin Kouzmanoff is filling in as Texas’ primary third baseman for now.
Beltre, 35, was 8-for-28 (.286) with seven runs and four RBI through eight games this season.
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 4
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 14
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 55
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 25
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)