Apr 13, 2014, 10:15 PM EST
Athletics starter Scott Kazmir left Sunday’s start against the Mariners after six innings with triceps tightness, Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle reports. Kazmir blanked the Mariners on two hits and struck out nine without issuing a walk.
Kazmir battled triceps tightness during the spring, so it’s nothing new for him. The lefty even wanted to go back out for the seventh inning, but Bob Melvin opted to go to his bullpen to be cautious with his pitcher. A scout noticed that Kazmir’s velocity dropped in his final inning and that he was wiggling his fingers.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 86
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 162
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (162)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (140)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (137)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)