Apr 13, 2014, 10:15 PM EDT
Athletics starter Scott Kazmir left Sunday’s start against the Mariners after six innings with triceps tightness, Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle reports. Kazmir blanked the Mariners on two hits and struck out nine without issuing a walk.
Kazmir battled triceps tightness during the spring, so it’s nothing new for him. The lefty even wanted to go back out for the seventh inning, but Bob Melvin opted to go to his bullpen to be cautious with his pitcher. A scout noticed that Kazmir’s velocity dropped in his final inning and that he was wiggling his fingers.
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 13
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 17
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 48
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 134
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (135)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)