Apr 13, 2014, 8:56 AM EST
It’s way early, but the Brewers sure look good.
Star center fielder Carlos Gomez hit his fourth home run of the season, staff ace Yovani Gallardo put together his third straight quality start, and closer Francisco Rodriguez earned his fourth save in as many chances as the Brew Crew topped the Pirates 3-2 on Saturday night at a sold-out Miller Park.
It was the eighth consecutive win for the Brewers, who now boast a three-game lead over the Bucs and Cardinals in the National League Central standings.
Milwaukee currently owns the best record and run differential (+25) in the major leagues. Kyle Lohse will try to keep it rolling Sunday.
Your Saturday recaps and box scores:
Marlins 4, Phillies 5 (10 innings)
Blue Jays 1, Orioles 2 (12 innings)
Astros 6, Rangers 5 (10 innings)
Mets 7, Angels 6 (13 innings)
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 75
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)