Apr 14, 2014, 10:30 AM EST
Gonzalez went 2 for 5 with a homer, a double and three RBI in the Dodgers’ 8-6 win over the Diamondbacks yesterday. Gonzalez has a nine-game hitting streak and has homered in four straight. After a slow start, the first baseman leads the National League in runs scored, he’s second in home runs and third in RBI.
The thing Utley and Gonzalez have in common: health. Each has battled nagging injuries for a couple of seasons. Now each is feeling fine and showing that, no, they’re not close to empty yet.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (134)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)