Apr 14, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
Gonzalez went 2 for 5 with a homer, a double and three RBI in the Dodgers’ 8-6 win over the Diamondbacks yesterday. Gonzalez has a nine-game hitting streak and has homered in four straight. After a slow start, the first baseman leads the National League in runs scored, he’s second in home runs and third in RBI.
The thing Utley and Gonzalez have in common: health. Each has battled nagging injuries for a couple of seasons. Now each is feeling fine and showing that, no, they’re not close to empty yet.
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 11
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 16
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 51
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 73
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 42
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 217
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (217)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)