Apr 14, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
Gonzalez went 2 for 5 with a homer, a double and three RBI in the Dodgers’ 8-6 win over the Diamondbacks yesterday. Gonzalez has a nine-game hitting streak and has homered in four straight. After a slow start, the first baseman leads the National League in runs scored, he’s second in home runs and third in RBI.
The thing Utley and Gonzalez have in common: health. Each has battled nagging injuries for a couple of seasons. Now each is feeling fine and showing that, no, they’re not close to empty yet.
- Rays place outfielder Desmond Jennings on 15-day disabled list with bursitis in his left knee 0
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring 104
- Yankees GM Brian Cashman acknowledges team won’t pay A-Rod $6 million bonus for 660th home run 67
- Willie Mays congratulates Alex Rodriguez for reaching 660 career home runs 31
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 38
- Ryan Hanigan needs surgery, so the Red Sox will call up prospect Blake Swihart 15
- Royals’ bullpen blows no-hit bid in the eighth inning against the Tigers 7
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (362)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (201)
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore (162)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)