Apr 14, 2014, 9:50 AM EDT
Reds Sox second baseman Dustin Pedroia has been battling a sore wrist for ten days and it has gotten bad enough to where he couldn’t go through hitting drills yesterday. He was thus scratched from last night’s game. Now he’s going to go have his wrist looked at in Boston.
Today the Sox are off and he’s expected to rejoin the team in time for Tuesday’s game. While the Sox are not overly-concerned, perhaps they should be. Since tweaking his wrist, Pedroia has hit .139 with two doubles and no walks.
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 3
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 28
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 19
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 87
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 59
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 55
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (87)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)