Apr 14, 2014, 9:50 AM EDT
Reds Sox second baseman Dustin Pedroia has been battling a sore wrist for ten days and it has gotten bad enough to where he couldn’t go through hitting drills yesterday. He was thus scratched from last night’s game. Now he’s going to go have his wrist looked at in Boston.
Today the Sox are off and he’s expected to rejoin the team in time for Tuesday’s game. While the Sox are not overly-concerned, perhaps they should be. Since tweaking his wrist, Pedroia has hit .139 with two doubles and no walks.
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 2
- Mets acquire center fielder Carlos Gomez from Brewers 37
- Rangers “close to getting” Phillies ace Cole Hamels 55
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 64
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 72
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 49
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 32
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)