Apr 14, 2014, 9:50 AM EDT
Reds Sox second baseman Dustin Pedroia has been battling a sore wrist for ten days and it has gotten bad enough to where he couldn’t go through hitting drills yesterday. He was thus scratched from last night’s game. Now he’s going to go have his wrist looked at in Boston.
Today the Sox are off and he’s expected to rejoin the team in time for Tuesday’s game. While the Sox are not overly-concerned, perhaps they should be. Since tweaking his wrist, Pedroia has hit .139 with two doubles and no walks.
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 7
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 85
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 54
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20