Apr 14, 2014, 9:50 AM EDT
Reds Sox second baseman Dustin Pedroia has been battling a sore wrist for ten days and it has gotten bad enough to where he couldn’t go through hitting drills yesterday. He was thus scratched from last night’s game. Now he’s going to go have his wrist looked at in Boston.
Today the Sox are off and he’s expected to rejoin the team in time for Tuesday’s game. While the Sox are not overly-concerned, perhaps they should be. Since tweaking his wrist, Pedroia has hit .139 with two doubles and no walks.
- Christian Vazquez to undergo Tommy John surgery 9
- 2015 Preview: Colorado Rockies 4
- 2015 Preview: Minnesota Twins 18
- 2015 Preview: Philadelphia Phillies 30
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 47
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 22
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 21
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (91)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)