Mike Minor on track to join Braves next week

Apr 14, 2014, 11:39 PM EDT

mike minor getty Getty Images

The Braves have managed to hold things together quite nicely in the early going despite a patchwork rotation, but they will get a major piece back soon.

David O’Brien of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports that Mike Minor is tentatively scheduled to join the Braves’ rotation next Wednesday against the Marlins or next Friday against the Reds. The southpaw was forced to begin the season on the disabled due after he fell behind in his offseason throwing program following a urinary tract procedure and showed up to camp with shoulder soreness, but he has made it through his three minor league rehab appearances (two starts) without incident. He’s scheduled to make what could be his final rehab start Friday with Double-A Mississippi.

The Braves currently have a rotation of Julio Teheran, Ervin Santana, Alex Wood, Aaron Harang, and David Hale. No word on who will get the boot when Minor is ready, but Hale is the most logical option. The Braves could have another decision to make soon if all goes well in Gavin Floyd‘s rehab from Tommy John surgery.

Minor, 26, posted a 3.21 ERA and 181/46 K/BB ratio in 204 2/3 innings across 32 starts last season.

1. renaado - Apr 15, 2014 at 1:15 AM

Finally! If only Kimbrell’s injury will soon get better.

• aresachaela - Apr 15, 2014 at 1:32 AM

Hey Ren, you seriously don’t think I didn’t saw your previous statement on what you answered to that reflex guy at the Puig page this morning right? I think it’s pretty reckless and dumb for you to say those “things” here, and I know you absolutely knew that…

• renaado - Apr 15, 2014 at 1:47 AM

Uhhh… What now? This page and that page aren’t relevant here, so I see no reason of you putting this up. Also a statement like that deserves to be answered knowing how long and understandable his statement is, especially for us cause we really don’t know how bad the situation is for Puig there right now. I’m ending my statement here let’s not discuss it any further…

• aresachaela - Apr 15, 2014 at 2:12 AM

Gyaaaahhh!! Fine, whatever!! It would have been better if you didn’t answer it!! Go old, be old, grow old!! See if I’d care, go take everything seriously and you’ll have wrinkles in your face in no time!!

Look… I just don’t want you spouting your stuffs here, Guys to those we knew are good enough already… I just don’t want hearing you saying “I don’t have this” and “I don’t have that” stuffs cause I’m pretty sure you have those things already, okay :-).

• Reflex - Apr 15, 2014 at 1:24 PM

Just so you know, I find you both fairly entertaining. ;)

• aresachaela - Apr 15, 2014 at 10:02 PM

Hehe… This page is probably the only time where “seriousness” is in my vocabulary XD!! Not unless Ren blurts out again HAHAHAHAHA XD!

2. enelsoniii - Apr 15, 2014 at 2:09 PM

What a great problem to have – TOO MUCH starting pitching! Hale gets moved to the pen, and when Floyd is back that will be a tougher conversation. No need to rush him.

Why is Wren out and Gonzalez is not?
  1. R. Castillo (1938)