Apr 15, 2014, 3:00 PM EDT
Julie Donaldson and I talk about Jackie Robinson’s legacy and the rather difficult topic of the decline of U.S.-born blacks playing major league baseball.
As we’ve noted in the past, It’s not an easy problem to diagnose, let alone to solve. Indeed, people can’t even agree on how many blacks played the game at one period of time vs. another. That said, Major League Baseball seems to be doing all it can do to address the matter, even if its power in this regard is limited.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 141
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 66
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (148)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)