Apr 15, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
Orioles third baseman Manny Machado ran sprints yesterday for the first time since October knee surgery, going 90 feet six times.
Rich Dubroff of CSNBaltimore.com reports that the next step will be sprinting 180 feet, followed by actually running the bases and making sharp turns on the surgically repaired left knee.
Machado underwent surgery six months ago, putting a premature and sad end to a breakout season at age 20, and there’s no official timetable yet for his return. Once he’s cleared to begin a minor-league rehab assignment a 20-day clock will start ticking, although the Orioles would be free to call him up at any time.
‘s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $60,000 Fantasy Baseball league for Tuesday night’s MLB games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $8,000. Starts at 7:05pm ET on Tuesday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 16
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 32
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)