Apr 15, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
Orioles third baseman Manny Machado ran sprints yesterday for the first time since October knee surgery, going 90 feet six times.
Rich Dubroff of CSNBaltimore.com reports that the next step will be sprinting 180 feet, followed by actually running the bases and making sharp turns on the surgically repaired left knee.
Machado underwent surgery six months ago, putting a premature and sad end to a breakout season at age 20, and there’s no official timetable yet for his return. Once he’s cleared to begin a minor-league rehab assignment a 20-day clock will start ticking, although the Orioles would be free to call him up at any time.
‘s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $60,000 Fantasy Baseball league for Tuesday night’s MLB games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $8,000. Starts at 7:05pm ET on Tuesday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 2
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 47
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 28
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 37
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 7
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (105)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)