Apr 15, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
Out since July shoulder surgery, right-hander Mike Adams is off the disabled list and rejoined the Phillies for a potential setup man role.
Not to long ago Adams was one of the best relievers in baseball, but injuries have sapped his velocity and his raw stuff no longer looks capable of overpowering hitters like it once did. However, it’s still possible that he could provide some good value in a middle relief role for the second season of a two-year, $12 million contract.
Last season before being shut down Adams threw 25 innings with a 3.96 ERA and 23/11 K/BB ratio, but reports from his rehab had him throwing mostly in the high-80s.
‘s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $60,000 Fantasy Baseball league for Tuesday night’s MLB games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $8,000. Starts at 7:05pm ET on Tuesday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 141
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 66
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (151)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)