Apr 15, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
Out since July shoulder surgery, right-hander Mike Adams is off the disabled list and rejoined the Phillies for a potential setup man role.
Not to long ago Adams was one of the best relievers in baseball, but injuries have sapped his velocity and his raw stuff no longer looks capable of overpowering hitters like it once did. However, it’s still possible that he could provide some good value in a middle relief role for the second season of a two-year, $12 million contract.
Last season before being shut down Adams threw 25 innings with a 3.96 ERA and 23/11 K/BB ratio, but reports from his rehab had him throwing mostly in the high-80s.
‘s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $60,000 Fantasy Baseball league for Tuesday night’s MLB games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $8,000. Starts at 7:05pm ET on Tuesday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (104)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)