Apr 15, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
Out since July shoulder surgery, right-hander Mike Adams is off the disabled list and rejoined the Phillies for a potential setup man role.
Not to long ago Adams was one of the best relievers in baseball, but injuries have sapped his velocity and his raw stuff no longer looks capable of overpowering hitters like it once did. However, it’s still possible that he could provide some good value in a middle relief role for the second season of a two-year, $12 million contract.
Last season before being shut down Adams threw 25 innings with a 3.96 ERA and 23/11 K/BB ratio, but reports from his rehab had him throwing mostly in the high-80s.
‘s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $60,000 Fantasy Baseball league for Tuesday night’s MLB games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $8,000. Starts at 7:05pm ET on Tuesday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 0
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 28
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 18
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 86
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 56
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 55
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (86)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)