Apr 15, 2014, 10:47 AM EST
Out since July shoulder surgery, right-hander Mike Adams is off the disabled list and rejoined the Phillies for a potential setup man role.
Not to long ago Adams was one of the best relievers in baseball, but injuries have sapped his velocity and his raw stuff no longer looks capable of overpowering hitters like it once did. However, it’s still possible that he could provide some good value in a middle relief role for the second season of a two-year, $12 million contract.
Last season before being shut down Adams threw 25 innings with a 3.96 ERA and 23/11 K/BB ratio, but reports from his rehab had him throwing mostly in the high-80s.
‘s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $60,000 Fantasy Baseball league for Tuesday night’s MLB games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $8,000. Starts at 7:05pm ET on Tuesday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 57
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 8
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 22
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 33
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (93)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)