Apr 15, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
Out since July shoulder surgery, right-hander Mike Adams is off the disabled list and rejoined the Phillies for a potential setup man role.
Not to long ago Adams was one of the best relievers in baseball, but injuries have sapped his velocity and his raw stuff no longer looks capable of overpowering hitters like it once did. However, it’s still possible that he could provide some good value in a middle relief role for the second season of a two-year, $12 million contract.
Last season before being shut down Adams threw 25 innings with a 3.96 ERA and 23/11 K/BB ratio, but reports from his rehab had him throwing mostly in the high-80s.
‘s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $60,000 Fantasy Baseball league for Tuesday night’s MLB games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $8,000. Starts at 7:05pm ET on Tuesday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8