Apr 15, 2014, 4:00 PM EST
At least it did for a while on Sunday evening and Monday morning. From Fox Sports South:
A sweep at the hands of the Braves has apparently promoted an ownership change for the Nationals.
On the franchise’s Wikipedia page, owner has been changed to Atlanta Braves, a tongue-in-cheek nod to the fact that the Braves have won five of six games against the National League East rivals and 18 of the last 25.
The photographic evidence, such as it was until it was changed back:
Frankly, I think giving them the NL East crown as the Expos in 1981 is more dubious than naming the Braves their owners was. They had the best record in the second half of that strike-shortened split-season. Overall they had the second best record.
- Jose Iglesias, with an extended aside about cheeseburger and burrito stats 9
- Cliff Pennington avoids arbitration, agrees to $3.275 million deal with D’Backs 4
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 29
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 45
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86