Apr 15, 2014, 8:53 AM EDT
The Mets won, which is good. But they lost two key players in doing so. One for a short time, one assumes, the other for longer.
Juan Lagares left last night’s game with a pulled right hamstring after reaching on a fielder’s choice in the seventh inning. Lagares, one assumes, will head to the disabled list. A big blow, this, as Lagares has been hitting well and his defense is fantastic.
Less serious was Curtis Granderson‘s mishap. He crashed into the right field while during the first inning, and eventually left the game. His x-rays came back negative, but he still may miss some time.
All of which will make things tough this week as the Mets don’t get Chris Young back from the DL until Friday. So is a Bobby Abreu callup in their future? God, I hope so.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 114
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 64
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (129)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)