Apr 15, 2014, 8:53 AM EST
The Mets won, which is good. But they lost two key players in doing so. One for a short time, one assumes, the other for longer.
Juan Lagares left last night’s game with a pulled right hamstring after reaching on a fielder’s choice in the seventh inning. Lagares, one assumes, will head to the disabled list. A big blow, this, as Lagares has been hitting well and his defense is fantastic.
Less serious was Curtis Granderson‘s mishap. He crashed into the right field while during the first inning, and eventually left the game. His x-rays came back negative, but he still may miss some time.
All of which will make things tough this week as the Mets don’t get Chris Young back from the DL until Friday. So is a Bobby Abreu callup in their future? God, I hope so.
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 72
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 34
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (128)