Apr 15, 2014, 8:23 AM EDT
Hats off to ESPN for the camera work and Deadspin’s Tim Burke for the production values on this video of Phillies fans (a) taunting Dan Uggla; and then (b) watching his ninth inning grand slam go over the fence. In slow motion. Set to some twee folk-rock, Wes-Anderson-style.
Seriously, I want to marry this video. I want to take it with me for a long weekend to a B&B in New England and go antiquing with it. I want to sit down with this video and plan our lives together, name our future children and and then hold hands with it as we each sit in our own bathtubs like in the Cialis commercials.
This video + me = love.
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 10
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 1
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 4
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 46
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 41
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 19
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72