Apr 15, 2014, 8:23 AM EDT
Hats off to ESPN for the camera work and Deadspin’s Tim Burke for the production values on this video of Phillies fans (a) taunting Dan Uggla; and then (b) watching his ninth inning grand slam go over the fence. In slow motion. Set to some twee folk-rock, Wes-Anderson-style.
Seriously, I want to marry this video. I want to take it with me for a long weekend to a B&B in New England and go antiquing with it. I want to sit down with this video and plan our lives together, name our future children and and then hold hands with it as we each sit in our own bathtubs like in the Cialis commercials.
This video + me = love.
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 0
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 75
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 11
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- 2015 Preview: New York Yankees 63
- 2015 Preview: Cleveland Indians 10
- Dodgers sign Cuban star Hector Olivera for $62.5 million 55
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Joe West ejects A.J. Pierzynski by calmly telling the Braves’ dugout “you need a new catcher.” (97)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (87)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (75)