Apr 16, 2014, 10:47 AM EST
Calhoun tweaked his ankle running to first base on an extra-inning ground out and had to be helped off the field. Alden Gonzalez of MLB.com reports that he was on crutches after the game, but seemed hopeful that the ankle wasn’t broken.
It’s rough news for the Angels, but also for Calhoun because this was going to be his first extended opportunity in the majors at age 26. He fared well in a 58-game stint with the Angels last season and has a strong minor-league track record, including hitting .318 with 26 homers and 22 steals in 164 games at Triple-A.
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 137
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 10
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 31
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 36
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (142)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (93)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)