Apr 16, 2014, 6:35 PM EDT
From James Wagner of the Washington Post comes word that Nationals outfielder Bryce Harper has been scratched from the club’s starting lineup on Wednesday night against the Marlins because of tightness in his left quad. Harper has been dealing with the discomfort since last Friday and the Nats seem confident that he’ll be fine after a day of rest.
Tyler Moore is playing left field versus Miami.
Harper, 21, is batting .340 with a .900 OPS and five RBI through 55 plate appearances this season.
Washington is set to open a big four-game series against the defending National League-champion Cardinals on Thursday night at Nationals Park.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8