Apr 16, 2014, 6:35 PM EDT
From James Wagner of the Washington Post comes word that Nationals outfielder Bryce Harper has been scratched from the club’s starting lineup on Wednesday night against the Marlins because of tightness in his left quad. Harper has been dealing with the discomfort since last Friday and the Nats seem confident that he’ll be fine after a day of rest.
Tyler Moore is playing left field versus Miami.
Harper, 21, is batting .340 with a .900 OPS and five RBI through 55 plate appearances this season.
Washington is set to open a big four-game series against the defending National League-champion Cardinals on Thursday night at Nationals Park.
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s 8
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 47
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 38
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects 89
- Alex Rodriguez celebrates 40th birthday with a home run 19
- Mets acquire Tyler Clippard from the Athletics 21
- Angels acquire Shane Victorino from Red Sox 25
- Happy 40th Birthday, A-Rod! 44
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)