Apr 16, 2014, 7:13 PM EDT
According to David O’Brien of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, the right-hander threw a 15-pitch bullpen session on Wednesday afternoon and declared himself “ready” to return to action. Braves manager Fredi Gonzalez was noncommittal about using Kimbrel on Wednesday night in Philadelphia because the local forecast calls for near-freezing temperatures, but he should be a go for Thursday.
The 25-year-old has a ridiculous 1.39 career ERA and 15.2 career K/9 in 233 major league innings.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 40
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 14
- National League GM says Phillies’ asking price for Cole Hamels hasn’t dropped “one bit” 16
- Giants receive their 2014 World Series championship rings 22
- Angels activate Garrett Richards for Sunday debut 2
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (128)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (103)