Apr 16, 2014, 7:13 PM EDT
According to David O’Brien of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, the right-hander threw a 15-pitch bullpen session on Wednesday afternoon and declared himself “ready” to return to action. Braves manager Fredi Gonzalez was noncommittal about using Kimbrel on Wednesday night in Philadelphia because the local forecast calls for near-freezing temperatures, but he should be a go for Thursday.
The 25-year-old has a ridiculous 1.39 career ERA and 15.2 career K/9 in 233 major league innings.
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 7
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 30
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 20
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 13
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 42
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 14
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (202)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)