Apr 16, 2014, 7:13 PM EDT
According to David O’Brien of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, the right-hander threw a 15-pitch bullpen session on Wednesday afternoon and declared himself “ready” to return to action. Braves manager Fredi Gonzalez was noncommittal about using Kimbrel on Wednesday night in Philadelphia because the local forecast calls for near-freezing temperatures, but he should be a go for Thursday.
The 25-year-old has a ridiculous 1.39 career ERA and 15.2 career K/9 in 233 major league innings.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 19
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 55
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 17
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 54
- Pete Rose will be allowed to participate in All-Star Game festivities 69
- Career over? Joe Nathan needs Tommy John surgery 31
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)