Apr 16, 2014, 5:04 PM EDT
George Springer was called up this morning and he’s batting second in his major league debut tonight against the Royals.
Springer was batting .353/.459/.647 with three home runs in 13 games this year at Triple-A Oklahoma City. Tonight he faces Jeremy Guthrie. Though a righty, Guthrie has allowed righties to hit over .300 against him on the young season.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 7
- Report: Cubs calling up prospect infielder Addison Russell 9
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 8
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 54
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 41
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (129)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (110)