Apr 16, 2014, 12:03 AM EST
From Tim Britton of the Providence Journal comes word that Red Sox first baseman Mike Napoli was removed from Tuesday night’s series-opener against the White Sox with a dislocation of his left ring finger. X-rays were taken immediately and the results came back negative, meaning he does not have a fracture.
Napoli suffered the injury while diving into the second base bag after advancing on a wild pitch in the top of the ninth inning. The dislocation was reset and the hope is that Napoli will be fine in a couple of days.
Mike Carp will likely start at first on Wednesday.
- Cliff Pennington avoids arbitration, agrees to $3.275 million deal with D’Backs 0
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 26
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 44
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40