Apr 16, 2014, 12:03 AM EDT
From Tim Britton of the Providence Journal comes word that Red Sox first baseman Mike Napoli was removed from Tuesday night’s series-opener against the White Sox with a dislocation of his left ring finger. X-rays were taken immediately and the results came back negative, meaning he does not have a fracture.
Napoli suffered the injury while diving into the second base bag after advancing on a wild pitch in the top of the ninth inning. The dislocation was reset and the hope is that Napoli will be fine in a couple of days.
Mike Carp will likely start at first on Wednesday.
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 4
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 3
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 85
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 53
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20