Apr 16, 2014, 8:01 PM EST
The MRI results are in, according to Bob Dutton of the Tacoma News Tribune, and Walker has been diagnosed with a right shoulder impingement. He will be shut down from throwing for two weeks, and can now probably be ruled out through at least mid-May.
Walker was supposed to open the 2014 season as a member of Seattle’s starting rotation, but he battled shoulder problems all spring and landed on the 15-day disabled list before Opening Day.
The 21-year-old top pitching prospect registered an impressive 2.93 ERA, 1.196 WHIP, and 10.2 K/9 in 141 1/3 innings last season between the Double-A and Triple-A levels. He then made his MLB debut August 30.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 299
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (299)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)