Apr 16, 2014, 1:33 PM EDT
High class problems. Don Mattingly is trying to juggle Andre Ethier, Yasiel Puig, Matt Kemp and Carl Crawford in his outfield. Now there’s a fifth candidate for major league outfield time smacking the heck out of baseballs.
Dodgers prospect Joc Pederson went 4-for-4 with a two home runs, a double, walk and five RBI for Triple-A Albuquerque yesterday. The 21-year-old is now hitting .442/.564/.844 with four doubles, five home runs and four steals in his first 12 games.
Of course there’s very little chance he’s going to get big league playing time any time soon. At least barring a couple of injuries. Or a frontal assault on Dodger Stadium by smugglers some folks are worried about.
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 21
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 5
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 9
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 22
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 8
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 7
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (95)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)