Apr 16, 2014, 1:33 PM EDT
High class problems. Don Mattingly is trying to juggle Andre Ethier, Yasiel Puig, Matt Kemp and Carl Crawford in his outfield. Now there’s a fifth candidate for major league outfield time smacking the heck out of baseballs.
Dodgers prospect Joc Pederson went 4-for-4 with a two home runs, a double, walk and five RBI for Triple-A Albuquerque yesterday. The 21-year-old is now hitting .442/.564/.844 with four doubles, five home runs and four steals in his first 12 games.
Of course there’s very little chance he’s going to get big league playing time any time soon. At least barring a couple of injuries. Or a frontal assault on Dodger Stadium by smugglers some folks are worried about.
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 6
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a serious Achilles injury Saturday night 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 8
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 89
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 77
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 70
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)