Apr 16, 2014, 1:33 PM EDT
High class problems. Don Mattingly is trying to juggle Andre Ethier, Yasiel Puig, Matt Kemp and Carl Crawford in his outfield. Now there’s a fifth candidate for major league outfield time smacking the heck out of baseballs.
Dodgers prospect Joc Pederson went 4-for-4 with a two home runs, a double, walk and five RBI for Triple-A Albuquerque yesterday. The 21-year-old is now hitting .442/.564/.844 with four doubles, five home runs and four steals in his first 12 games.
Of course there’s very little chance he’s going to get big league playing time any time soon. At least barring a couple of injuries. Or a frontal assault on Dodger Stadium by smugglers some folks are worried about.
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 10
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 184
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 30
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 40
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (198)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (102)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)