Apr 16, 2014, 1:33 PM EST
High class problems. Don Mattingly is trying to juggle Andre Ethier, Yasiel Puig, Matt Kemp and Carl Crawford in his outfield. Now there’s a fifth candidate for major league outfield time smacking the heck out of baseballs.
Dodgers prospect Joc Pederson went 4-for-4 with a two home runs, a double, walk and five RBI for Triple-A Albuquerque yesterday. The 21-year-old is now hitting .442/.564/.844 with four doubles, five home runs and four steals in his first 12 games.
Of course there’s very little chance he’s going to get big league playing time any time soon. At least barring a couple of injuries. Or a frontal assault on Dodger Stadium by smugglers some folks are worried about.
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 11
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 44
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (93)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)