Apr 17, 2014, 9:50 AM EDT
Hanley Ramirez had to leave last night’s game in the seventh inning after being plunked on the hand by a Ryan Vogelsong pitch. At the time he hopped around in obvious pain and, judging by his reaction, it wouldn’t have been shocking if we heard he had broken bones.
Nope. The Dodgers say X-Rays have come back negative so we can consider Ramirez day-to-day, one assumes. Good news for Los Angeles.
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 49
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 15
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 54
- Pete Rose will be allowed to participate in All-Star Game festivities 69
- Career over? Joe Nathan needs Tommy John surgery 31
- Contact and controversy in the ninth inning of last night’s Dodgers-Giants game 54
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)