Apr 17, 2014, 9:50 AM EDT
Hanley Ramirez had to leave last night’s game in the seventh inning after being plunked on the hand by a Ryan Vogelsong pitch. At the time he hopped around in obvious pain and, judging by his reaction, it wouldn’t have been shocking if we heard he had broken bones.
Nope. The Dodgers say X-Rays have come back negative so we can consider Ramirez day-to-day, one assumes. Good news for Los Angeles.
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 14
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 18
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 17
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)