Apr 17, 2014, 1:46 PM EST
Last night’s Twins-Blue Jays game in Minnesota was postponed due to snow–seriously, it was pretty gross here last night–which means they’re playing a doubleheader today. The first game just started despite plenty of leftover snow and sub-freezing temperatures.
In fact …
Looks like we’re going to have the coldest regular season game ever played outdoors in Minnesota. Game time temp will be 31 degrees.
— Rhett Bollinger (@RhettBollinger) April 17, 2014
Good news, though: It’s supposed to get all the way up to 40 degrees for the first pitch of the second game tonight!
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 60
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 22
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 48
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 37
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)