Apr 17, 2014, 1:46 PM EDT
Last night’s Twins-Blue Jays game in Minnesota was postponed due to snow–seriously, it was pretty gross here last night–which means they’re playing a doubleheader today. The first game just started despite plenty of leftover snow and sub-freezing temperatures.
In fact …
Looks like we’re going to have the coldest regular season game ever played outdoors in Minnesota. Game time temp will be 31 degrees.
— Rhett Bollinger (@RhettBollinger) April 17, 2014
Good news, though: It’s supposed to get all the way up to 40 degrees for the first pitch of the second game tonight!
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 24
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 17
- Tigers acquire closer Joakim Soria from the Rangers 44
- Phillies officials “have contemplated the possibility of paying off” and releasing Ryan Howard 39
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 20
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 158
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 33
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (159)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)