Apr 17, 2014, 1:46 PM EDT
Last night’s Twins-Blue Jays game in Minnesota was postponed due to snow–seriously, it was pretty gross here last night–which means they’re playing a doubleheader today. The first game just started despite plenty of leftover snow and sub-freezing temperatures.
In fact …
Looks like we’re going to have the coldest regular season game ever played outdoors in Minnesota. Game time temp will be 31 degrees.
— Rhett Bollinger (@RhettBollinger) April 17, 2014
Good news, though: It’s supposed to get all the way up to 40 degrees for the first pitch of the second game tonight!
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 24
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 45
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 25
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 50
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 12
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 15
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 39
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (77)