Apr 17, 2014, 1:46 PM EDT
Last night’s Twins-Blue Jays game in Minnesota was postponed due to snow–seriously, it was pretty gross here last night–which means they’re playing a doubleheader today. The first game just started despite plenty of leftover snow and sub-freezing temperatures.
In fact …
Looks like we’re going to have the coldest regular season game ever played outdoors in Minnesota. Game time temp will be 31 degrees.
— Rhett Bollinger (@RhettBollinger) April 17, 2014
Good news, though: It’s supposed to get all the way up to 40 degrees for the first pitch of the second game tonight!
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 15
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 238
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 3
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 141
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 40
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 98
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (248)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (156)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)