Apr 17, 2014, 3:09 PM EDT
I’m watching the Braves-Phillies game. It’s 0-0 in the eighth, so these two teams are continuing to wave the banner of 1968. I have no problem with this, as I like these kinds of games. But it does give one little to write about. It’s a boring afternoon all around, really. I don’t have a problem with this either. We all gotta take some time for some nonsense.
Like this video, which I presume is old, but was tweeted into my timeline by Steph Rogers today, depicting what would happen to Wrigley Field in one of those “what if people all suddenly disappeared” scenarios:
Maybe that’s scary to some. Frankly, it’d be the most exciting thing to happen in Wrigley Field since, I dunno, 2003 or so.
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 315
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 55
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 39
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 4
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 149
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 44
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (325)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (159)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)