Apr 17, 2014, 3:09 PM EDT
I’m watching the Braves-Phillies game. It’s 0-0 in the eighth, so these two teams are continuing to wave the banner of 1968. I have no problem with this, as I like these kinds of games. But it does give one little to write about. It’s a boring afternoon all around, really. I don’t have a problem with this either. We all gotta take some time for some nonsense.
Like this video, which I presume is old, but was tweeted into my timeline by Steph Rogers today, depicting what would happen to Wrigley Field in one of those “what if people all suddenly disappeared” scenarios:
Maybe that’s scary to some. Frankly, it’d be the most exciting thing to happen in Wrigley Field since, I dunno, 2003 or so.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8