Apr 17, 2014, 3:09 PM EST
I’m watching the Braves-Phillies game. It’s 0-0 in the eighth, so these two teams are continuing to wave the banner of 1968. I have no problem with this, as I like these kinds of games. But it does give one little to write about. It’s a boring afternoon all around, really. I don’t have a problem with this either. We all gotta take some time for some nonsense.
Like this video, which I presume is old, but was tweeted into my timeline by Steph Rogers today, depicting what would happen to Wrigley Field in one of those “what if people all suddenly disappeared” scenarios:
Maybe that’s scary to some. Frankly, it’d be the most exciting thing to happen in Wrigley Field since, I dunno, 2003 or so.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)