Apr 17, 2014, 5:08 PM EDT
Well, he didn’t literally pee on Abner Doubleday’s grave or whatever it is he’s accused of doing by columnists all the time, but he did pretty much show off the rest of the Puig repertoire in the second inning of today’s Dodgers-Giants game.
First, with one out, he dropped an easy fly ball with a one-hand catch. But before all the old white people watching could come up with some comment about how he doesn’t respect the game, he recovered immediately and fired the ball in to second base to get the force out on the runner from first, so it was the same result: a putout, a runner on first base, two men down, rocket arm shown off.
Next batter: Gregor Blanco, who hit one into the blowing wind of right field. And Puig does this:
The crazy route was no doubt to avoid the sniper fire he carelessly and selfishly drew to America’s ballparks.
In any event, you take the good, you take the bad, you take ’em both and there you have Yasiel Puig … Yasiel Puig . . .
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 34
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 6
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 30
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 44
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 12
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 62
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 73
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)