Apr 17, 2014, 5:08 PM EST
Well, he didn’t literally pee on Abner Doubleday’s grave or whatever it is he’s accused of doing by columnists all the time, but he did pretty much show off the rest of the Puig repertoire in the second inning of today’s Dodgers-Giants game.
First, with one out, he dropped an easy fly ball with a one-hand catch. But before all the old white people watching could come up with some comment about how he doesn’t respect the game, he recovered immediately and fired the ball in to second base to get the force out on the runner from first, so it was the same result: a putout, a runner on first base, two men down, rocket arm shown off.
Next batter: Gregor Blanco, who hit one into the blowing wind of right field. And Puig does this:
The crazy route was no doubt to avoid the sniper fire he carelessly and selfishly drew to America’s ballparks.
In any event, you take the good, you take the bad, you take ‘em both and there you have Yasiel Puig … Yasiel Puig . . .
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 148
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 10
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 33
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 36
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 83
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (150)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (94)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)