Apr 17, 2014, 5:08 PM EDT
Well, he didn’t literally pee on Abner Doubleday’s grave or whatever it is he’s accused of doing by columnists all the time, but he did pretty much show off the rest of the Puig repertoire in the second inning of today’s Dodgers-Giants game.
First, with one out, he dropped an easy fly ball with a one-hand catch. But before all the old white people watching could come up with some comment about how he doesn’t respect the game, he recovered immediately and fired the ball in to second base to get the force out on the runner from first, so it was the same result: a putout, a runner on first base, two men down, rocket arm shown off.
Next batter: Gregor Blanco, who hit one into the blowing wind of right field. And Puig does this:
The crazy route was no doubt to avoid the sniper fire he carelessly and selfishly drew to America’s ballparks.
In any event, you take the good, you take the bad, you take ’em both and there you have Yasiel Puig … Yasiel Puig . . .
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 0
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 24
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 38
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)