Apr 17, 2014, 5:08 PM EDT
Well, he didn’t literally pee on Abner Doubleday’s grave or whatever it is he’s accused of doing by columnists all the time, but he did pretty much show off the rest of the Puig repertoire in the second inning of today’s Dodgers-Giants game.
First, with one out, he dropped an easy fly ball with a one-hand catch. But before all the old white people watching could come up with some comment about how he doesn’t respect the game, he recovered immediately and fired the ball in to second base to get the force out on the runner from first, so it was the same result: a putout, a runner on first base, two men down, rocket arm shown off.
Next batter: Gregor Blanco, who hit one into the blowing wind of right field. And Puig does this:
The crazy route was no doubt to avoid the sniper fire he carelessly and selfishly drew to America’s ballparks.
In any event, you take the good, you take the bad, you take ‘em both and there you have Yasiel Puig … Yasiel Puig . . .
- Playoff Reset: Both AL Division Series Get Underway 0
- Madison Bumgarner delivers a shutout as Giants roll past Pirates in NL Wild Card Game 14
- Angels announce ALDS rotation: Jered Weaver in Game 1, Matt Shoemaker for Game 2 2
- The beauty of belief 50
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 44
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Ned Yost on the sixth inning and his bullpen usage: “its just one of those things” (82)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)