Apr 18, 2014, 11:55 PM EDT
John Lott of the National Post reports that the Blue Jays have activated shortstop Jose Reyes from the disabled list, put first baseman/DH Adam Lind on the DL, called up first baseman/DH Juan Francisco from Triple-A Buffalo and demoted infielder Munenori Kawasaki down to Buffalo.
Reyes suffered a hamstring injury near the end of spring training, and took only one at-bat on Opening Day before departing with more hamstring issues. Lind exited Tuesday’s game with tightness in his back and was reevaluated on Friday, but the Blue Jays didn’t like what they saw.
Kawasaki only stepped to the plate nine times since his call-up early this week, posting a .556 OPS. Meanwhile, Francisco was raking with Buffalo, hitting .349 with two homers and 11 RBI in 49 trips to the plate. So the Jays upgrade at shortstop but lose their regular DH in the process, though if Francisco’s performance at Triple-A is any indication, he should be an adequate replacement for Lind.
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 33
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- MLB “actively studying” fan safety; Phillies plan to expand netting at Citizens Bank Park 26
- Marlins might move in and lower the fences at Marlins Park 25
- Astros beat the suddenly skidding Yankees, top last year’s win total 30
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week 131
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” 90
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 76
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (198)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (131)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)
- Let’s all argue about team chemistry again (118)