Apr 18, 2014, 3:59 PM EST
Brandon Phillips left this afternoon’s game against the Cubs with a possible back injury when he tweaked his lower back on a swing in the first inning. He stayed in the game and hit a single that same at bat, but he was out of the game by the third inning.
No updates on him yet — the game is still going on — but bad lower backs are murder. They just linger forever, even if they don’t knock you out of action for an extended period.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 287
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 67
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (287)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)