Apr 18, 2014, 3:59 PM EDT
Brandon Phillips left this afternoon’s game against the Cubs with a possible back injury when he tweaked his lower back on a swing in the first inning. He stayed in the game and hit a single that same at bat, but he was out of the game by the third inning.
No updates on him yet — the game is still going on — but bad lower backs are murder. They just linger forever, even if they don’t knock you out of action for an extended period.
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 7
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 33
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 11
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 40
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 182
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 74
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (182)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)