Apr 18, 2014, 8:15 PM EDT
Per the Diamondbacks official Twitter, the team has activated Cody Ross from the 15-day disabled list and designated pitcher Ryan Rowland-Smith for assignment to make room on the roster. Ross had been sidelined since last August after he dislocated his hip. He took one at-bat during spring training and struck out, and has recently been out on a rehab assignment.
The 4-14 Diamondbacks could use some offense. They rank in the bottom-third of the league in both on-base percentage and slugging percentage, and have had below-average offensive production out of all three of their regular outfielders. Ross portends to get the lion’s share of the playing time in left field now that he’s back.
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 96
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 66
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 51
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 104
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (104)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (96)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)