Apr 18, 2014, 8:15 PM EDT
Per the Diamondbacks official Twitter, the team has activated Cody Ross from the 15-day disabled list and designated pitcher Ryan Rowland-Smith for assignment to make room on the roster. Ross had been sidelined since last August after he dislocated his hip. He took one at-bat during spring training and struck out, and has recently been out on a rehab assignment.
The 4-14 Diamondbacks could use some offense. They rank in the bottom-third of the league in both on-base percentage and slugging percentage, and have had below-average offensive production out of all three of their regular outfielders. Ross portends to get the lion’s share of the playing time in left field now that he’s back.
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 13
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 49
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 103
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 20
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (103)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)