Apr 18, 2014, 8:15 PM EDT
Per the Diamondbacks official Twitter, the team has activated Cody Ross from the 15-day disabled list and designated pitcher Ryan Rowland-Smith for assignment to make room on the roster. Ross had been sidelined since last August after he dislocated his hip. He took one at-bat during spring training and struck out, and has recently been out on a rehab assignment.
The 4-14 Diamondbacks could use some offense. They rank in the bottom-third of the league in both on-base percentage and slugging percentage, and have had below-average offensive production out of all three of their regular outfielders. Ross portends to get the lion’s share of the playing time in left field now that he’s back.
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 28
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 27
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 33
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (101)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)