Apr 18, 2014, 8:15 PM EDT
Per the Diamondbacks official Twitter, the team has activated Cody Ross from the 15-day disabled list and designated pitcher Ryan Rowland-Smith for assignment to make room on the roster. Ross had been sidelined since last August after he dislocated his hip. He took one at-bat during spring training and struck out, and has recently been out on a rehab assignment.
The 4-14 Diamondbacks could use some offense. They rank in the bottom-third of the league in both on-base percentage and slugging percentage, and have had below-average offensive production out of all three of their regular outfielders. Ross portends to get the lion’s share of the playing time in left field now that he’s back.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 45
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 37
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects 88
- Alex Rodriguez celebrates 40th birthday with a home run 17
- Mets acquire Tyler Clippard from the Athletics 21
- Angels acquire Shane Victorino from Red Sox 25
- Happy 40th Birthday, A-Rod! 44
- Craig Biggio, John Smoltz, Randy Johnson and Pedro Martinez inducted into the Hall of Fame 41
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)