Apr 18, 2014, 8:15 PM EDT
Per the Diamondbacks official Twitter, the team has activated Cody Ross from the 15-day disabled list and designated pitcher Ryan Rowland-Smith for assignment to make room on the roster. Ross had been sidelined since last August after he dislocated his hip. He took one at-bat during spring training and struck out, and has recently been out on a rehab assignment.
The 4-14 Diamondbacks could use some offense. They rank in the bottom-third of the league in both on-base percentage and slugging percentage, and have had below-average offensive production out of all three of their regular outfielders. Ross portends to get the lion’s share of the playing time in left field now that he’s back.
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 70
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 84
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 64
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)