Apr 18, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
That’s the good news. The bad news is that even before injuring his hamstring Teixeira talked about how his surgically repaired wrist may simply never be at full strength, so healthy hamstring or not he remains a big question mark for the Yankees.
Teixeira has been out since injuring his hamstring chasing after a foul ball on April 4. He turned 34 years old while on the disabled list and hasn’t topped an .850 OPS since 2009, which was his first year in New York. Of course, at this point the Yankees would gladly take, say, a .785 OPS from Teixeira.
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 9
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 16
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 25
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)