Apr 18, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
That’s the good news. The bad news is that even before injuring his hamstring Teixeira talked about how his surgically repaired wrist may simply never be at full strength, so healthy hamstring or not he remains a big question mark for the Yankees.
Teixeira has been out since injuring his hamstring chasing after a foul ball on April 4. He turned 34 years old while on the disabled list and hasn’t topped an .850 OPS since 2009, which was his first year in New York. Of course, at this point the Yankees would gladly take, say, a .785 OPS from Teixeira.
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 0
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 86
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 71
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 70
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 73
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 49
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 32
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)