Apr 18, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
That’s the good news. The bad news is that even before injuring his hamstring Teixeira talked about how his surgically repaired wrist may simply never be at full strength, so healthy hamstring or not he remains a big question mark for the Yankees.
Teixeira has been out since injuring his hamstring chasing after a foul ball on April 4. He turned 34 years old while on the disabled list and hasn’t topped an .850 OPS since 2009, which was his first year in New York. Of course, at this point the Yankees would gladly take, say, a .785 OPS from Teixeira.
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 131
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 33
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 64
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 42
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (132)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)