Apr 18, 2014, 9:24 AM EDT
Design Room has come up with a list of the top ten logos in MLB history. It’s mostly defensible — I love the minimalist/modern logos like the 1970s-80s White Sox, the old Brewers mitt and the Expos logo — but there are two pretty notable inclusions.
1. Chief Wahoo makes it. Now, I get why Wahoo makes this list — go read the reasoning — but if your inclusion of a logo is based on subversive politics as opposed to its actual aesthetics, eh, make a different list; and
2. Citing the Tigers’ English D logo over its vastly superior round roaring tiger logo is a crime against humanity.
I mean, sure, the English D is great and it makes the Tigers’ home uniforms, in my view, the best uniforms in baseball history. But this is pure awesome sauce:
Anyway, a fun list for a slow morning.
- Kevin Youkilis opts for retirement at age 35 27
- 10 nominees for Hall of Fame’s Veterans Committee announced 94
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 17
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 80
- Video: Pablo Sandoval catches final out in foul territory, Giants win 2014 World Series 10
- Madison Bumgarner pitches the Giants to their third World Series win in five seasons 93
- Madison Bumgarner named World Series MVP … obviously 21
- Pablo Sandoval sets new postseason hits record 10
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (280)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (148)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- 10-0! The Royals romp, tie it up at three games a piece (109)