Apr 18, 2014, 9:24 AM EDT
Design Room has come up with a list of the top ten logos in MLB history. It’s mostly defensible — I love the minimalist/modern logos like the 1970s-80s White Sox, the old Brewers mitt and the Expos logo — but there are two pretty notable inclusions.
1. Chief Wahoo makes it. Now, I get why Wahoo makes this list — go read the reasoning — but if your inclusion of a logo is based on subversive politics as opposed to its actual aesthetics, eh, make a different list; and
2. Citing the Tigers’ English D logo over its vastly superior round roaring tiger logo is a crime against humanity.
I mean, sure, the English D is great and it makes the Tigers’ home uniforms, in my view, the best uniforms in baseball history. But this is pure awesome sauce:
Anyway, a fun list for a slow morning.
- Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 7
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 196
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 93
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 30
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 82
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (197)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (93)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (84)