Apr 18, 2014, 9:24 AM EST
Design Room has come up with a list of the top ten logos in MLB history. It’s mostly defensible — I love the minimalist/modern logos like the 1970s-80s White Sox, the old Brewers mitt and the Expos logo — but there are two pretty notable inclusions.
1. Chief Wahoo makes it. Now, I get why Wahoo makes this list — go read the reasoning — but if your inclusion of a logo is based on subversive politics as opposed to its actual aesthetics, eh, make a different list; and
2. Citing the Tigers’ English D logo over its vastly superior round roaring tiger logo is a crime against humanity.
I mean, sure, the English D is great and it makes the Tigers’ home uniforms, in my view, the best uniforms in baseball history. But this is pure awesome sauce:
Anyway, a fun list for a slow morning.
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 64
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 32
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 13
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 119
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (119)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (93)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)