Apr 18, 2014, 9:24 AM EDT
Design Room has come up with a list of the top ten logos in MLB history. It’s mostly defensible — I love the minimalist/modern logos like the 1970s-80s White Sox, the old Brewers mitt and the Expos logo — but there are two pretty notable inclusions.
1. Chief Wahoo makes it. Now, I get why Wahoo makes this list — go read the reasoning — but if your inclusion of a logo is based on subversive politics as opposed to its actual aesthetics, eh, make a different list; and
2. Citing the Tigers’ English D logo over its vastly superior round roaring tiger logo is a crime against humanity.
I mean, sure, the English D is great and it makes the Tigers’ home uniforms, in my view, the best uniforms in baseball history. But this is pure awesome sauce:
Anyway, a fun list for a slow morning.
- Giants rout Royals 11-4 in Game 4 to even up the World Series at 2-2 14
- Mike Trout, Giancarlo Stanton win the Hank Aaron Award 1
- World Series, Game 4: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Report: Rays owner Stuart Sternberg has discussed moving the team to Montreal 62
- Dave Dombrowski on Miguel Cabrera: “It’s worse than what we ever would have anticipated” 33
- World Series Reset: Can the Giants even things up? 4
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 36
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 4
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (107)