Apr 18, 2014, 9:24 AM EDT
Design Room has come up with a list of the top ten logos in MLB history. It’s mostly defensible — I love the minimalist/modern logos like the 1970s-80s White Sox, the old Brewers mitt and the Expos logo — but there are two pretty notable inclusions.
1. Chief Wahoo makes it. Now, I get why Wahoo makes this list — go read the reasoning — but if your inclusion of a logo is based on subversive politics as opposed to its actual aesthetics, eh, make a different list; and
2. Citing the Tigers’ English D logo over its vastly superior round roaring tiger logo is a crime against humanity.
I mean, sure, the English D is great and it makes the Tigers’ home uniforms, in my view, the best uniforms in baseball history. But this is pure awesome sauce:
Anyway, a fun list for a slow morning.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 16
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (119)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)